A Sustainable Future
The Fluno Center has a deep respect for preservation of the environment and doing our part to provide a sustainable future. We are committed to promoting environmental stewardship by embracing sustainable practices that are environmentally sound, socially responsible, and economically viable.
Throughout our operations, we develop and implement programs and policies within the areas of sustainable food, responsible procurement, green buildings, energy and water conservation, transportation, and waste stream management.
The Fluno Center is a Gold Tier member of the International Association of Conference Centers' Green Star Program.
Our Environmental Initiatives
- "Green" Hotels Association® member
- Recycling used guest room soap in
partnership with the non-profit organization, Clean the World™
- Eco-friendly dry cleaning bag program
- Utilizing Green Seal® certified cleaning products where possible
- Paperless check-in
- In-room recycling
- Guest Room Linen Washing Reduction Program
- Seafood Aligned with the Monterey Bay Seafood Watch Program
- Recycling 100% of our fryer oil waste
- Energy conservation in our daily operations
- Off-hours lighting reduction in non-use areas
- Off-hours HVAC reduction in maintenance support areas
- Compact fluorescent lighting (CFL) installed
- Sustainability Action Committee to
continually evaluate stewardship
First and second photographs courtesy of Michael Forster Rothbart / UW-Madison University Communications.